Recent Rantlings of Mr Norm
So much has happened lately. Well, both good and bad things, joys and pains too...but surely, time does pass by in a real jiffy...wish i had more time to enjoy each day as it passes.
Mum recently got diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. She's obviously distraught, but fighting, and in every good sense, the strong woman who I have full confidence will pull through. Chemo starts tmr for the next 6 months. Don't know how she'll be...just hope she stays strong....We never really comprehended the fact that of all people, she'll get colon cancer...She's healthy, good diet etc etc...well..seems hereditary. She'll recover in good time nonetheless....she will...
On a lighter note...recently bought a $588K condo near East Coast / Tanah Merah...happy...good investment, good place, peaceful and quaint. Currently renting out to pair of female Jap twins until Dec '08, so will get the place back then.
Also, we've recently been shopping around for a good wedding venue...in all likelihood to be Rasa Sentosa, Shangri La. Good beach location, has adequate grandeur, and above all, great atmosphere. Very happy to know that my Jazz Band buddies will be performing for us that night. So yeah...do watch out for a night of fun filled performances. Likely to do more bossa nova.
Volunteer work has been humbling...and has recently extended to another scale...at the Community Centre Management Committee...Still prefer the former though as it's more gratifying....knowing that I've played a more direct role in shaping the lives of people who've sought my organization's assistance.
On the friendship side, very glad that Sharon and Hannah are back from their long vacation. Both were in Europe. Sharon was elated at my request for her to be my future child's godmother. Knowing that she's unlikely to tie the knot early...I'll be happy to have her as my future child's godmother, knowing how she loves kids and will pamper him / her. Least Sharon can channel some of her "love" to the child. As for Mil and Hannah, they'll be the dynamic duo in sorting out my wedding prep. The deco and invites etc. I trust their creativity.
Made many new friends recently. Hui Yuh's Brother, Justin, Sam, very refreshing to meet more people from different walks of life. Also networked with quite a few oldies with the CCMC. Very experienced people..so it's good that I learn as much as I can for them...
Met up with Prof David recently, great dinner at Min Jiang @ One Rochester...crazy prices...but food was opulent. Even Prime Minister Mr Lee Hsien Long visited the place....it's that good. Looks like I'll be having my dissertation paper put up for a Conference in Macau through the American Urban Economics and Real Estate Association. Still hoping that I'll get a prize for the paper...and hopefully published in a tier 2 academic journal.
On the work front...it's been a maddening pace...while I felt I've grown and matured a lot in the past year at work...I still feel that I'm not optimizing my potential...I'm confident that I've got a lot of mileage to go in terms of value adding to my profession / career in the Real Estate Investment and Finance, or the Admin Service. Well, plans have been laid out, but still premature to let out more details. So meanwhile, just gonna keep slogging...
Well, that's all for now...looking forward to a good break with loved ones and best friends. Hope to meet up with the Old Sheare's Blk E 8 floor drinking buddies for a BBQ / Drink at the roof...and get tied down soon..until then...buenos noches.
Mum recently got diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. She's obviously distraught, but fighting, and in every good sense, the strong woman who I have full confidence will pull through. Chemo starts tmr for the next 6 months. Don't know how she'll be...just hope she stays strong....We never really comprehended the fact that of all people, she'll get colon cancer...She's healthy, good diet etc etc...well..seems hereditary. She'll recover in good time nonetheless....she will...
On a lighter note...recently bought a $588K condo near East Coast / Tanah Merah...happy...good investment, good place, peaceful and quaint. Currently renting out to pair of female Jap twins until Dec '08, so will get the place back then.
Also, we've recently been shopping around for a good wedding venue...in all likelihood to be Rasa Sentosa, Shangri La. Good beach location, has adequate grandeur, and above all, great atmosphere. Very happy to know that my Jazz Band buddies will be performing for us that night. So yeah...do watch out for a night of fun filled performances. Likely to do more bossa nova.
Volunteer work has been humbling...and has recently extended to another scale...at the Community Centre Management Committee...Still prefer the former though as it's more gratifying....knowing that I've played a more direct role in shaping the lives of people who've sought my organization's assistance.
On the friendship side, very glad that Sharon and Hannah are back from their long vacation. Both were in Europe. Sharon was elated at my request for her to be my future child's godmother. Knowing that she's unlikely to tie the knot early...I'll be happy to have her as my future child's godmother, knowing how she loves kids and will pamper him / her. Least Sharon can channel some of her "love" to the child. As for Mil and Hannah, they'll be the dynamic duo in sorting out my wedding prep. The deco and invites etc. I trust their creativity.
Made many new friends recently. Hui Yuh's Brother, Justin, Sam, very refreshing to meet more people from different walks of life. Also networked with quite a few oldies with the CCMC. Very experienced people..so it's good that I learn as much as I can for them...
Met up with Prof David recently, great dinner at Min Jiang @ One Rochester...crazy prices...but food was opulent. Even Prime Minister Mr Lee Hsien Long visited the place....it's that good. Looks like I'll be having my dissertation paper put up for a Conference in Macau through the American Urban Economics and Real Estate Association. Still hoping that I'll get a prize for the paper...and hopefully published in a tier 2 academic journal.
On the work front...it's been a maddening pace...while I felt I've grown and matured a lot in the past year at work...I still feel that I'm not optimizing my potential...I'm confident that I've got a lot of mileage to go in terms of value adding to my profession / career in the Real Estate Investment and Finance, or the Admin Service. Well, plans have been laid out, but still premature to let out more details. So meanwhile, just gonna keep slogging...
Well, that's all for now...looking forward to a good break with loved ones and best friends. Hope to meet up with the Old Sheare's Blk E 8 floor drinking buddies for a BBQ / Drink at the roof...and get tied down soon..until then...buenos noches.


<< Home