Sunday, July 08, 2007

More Rantlings - To Serve...or be "Served"

I recently had an erroneous charge to my credit card bill...but that's ok, it was waived without much fanfare...the thing that irked me was the darn call centre person who was on the other side of the line...my gosh, the bloke had his country's local accent and spoke with an American twang...doom on him...he sounded so garbled, and I could imagine him with a few marbles in his mouth. Doom on companies that pay limited attention to the quality of their outsourced call centres...Your customers are jumping lines faster than you can say duuuuuuh.

Today was also interesting. This horizontally challenged staff from a local supermarket just stood right in from of me while I was browsing some pharmaceutical products...doom on her....worst still...she took her time to check the stock, dropped a couple of packets, and picked them up 2 mins later....AFTER kicking them off. Solid....Best still, as she was picking them up, what seemed like a weak attempt at a swan lake pose with one leg sticking out almost crushed the nuts of another customer who side-stepped in disbelief...aaaah....btw, this supermarket is in Marine Parade....go figure.

Hmm...by now, you're all thinking, damn, Norm's a lil edgy these days eh? Well, not really...there are good days of course. Say Shin Kushiya @ Vivocity. Never was I disappointed with the place...it's a holistically pleasing dining experience...from the top notch service, to good and creative menus, and excellent ambience. I always requested for Harbour view seats, and always got it. Staff always greeted me by my name, and also did so whenever they passed by my table. Was also offered complimentary ice cream everytime i went there, not to mention discounts. That's why I spent more than $500 there since it started.

Well, that's it for this session of Norm's rantlings...cheerios.