Saturday, June 23, 2007

Wedding Thoughts, Rambles, and Grumbles.

Been researching and shopping ard for wedding venue recently, and i kinda have some guidelines / "commandments", whatever you call it....that'll serve as my principal considerations.

1. A Truely Reflective Experience: Honestly, I'm not keen on taking stoopid studio shots dressed like some dutch farmer, Jap / Korean / Shanghai dude. I AM ME. I AM WHAT I AM. Photos should depict the true character / personalities of the couple. So we agreed that we're gonna do away with this nonsense...and of course, the typical outdoory artificial poses with couples pointing their fingers and gazing to god knows where. Nothing artificial, just us at our favourite places. (Then again, our favourite places are all overseas...hmm....New York / Maldives photoshoot?)

2. Quaint Beach: Ahhh...nothing like the fresh sea, swinging palms, crashing waves. The beach is synonymous with us. No beach = No Wedding. Period. No prizes for guessing our shortlisted wedding venue. :)

3. And all that Jazz: What's a wedding without the Jazz Band. Surely, I'de be singing a couple of songs too. I ain't Frank "Sumatra" for nothin yeah?

4. Customary Traditions: To be respected. Period. No doubts about it, except for one teeny weeny portion at the morning where the Groom fetches the bride from her house. Knowing Alice's friends, I won't be let off easily. Thus cunning me has already developed my Operations Plan. I'll be in the house even before they know it. Perhaps a deception at the same time. Imagine the groom walking out of the house with the bride whilst the flower girls look in disbelief...ahh...."Thou shall not stand in the way of the groom, for thou are an obstacle, and nothing shall refrain thee from capturing me lover's heart" (Of course, the ang pows will still be generously given) You can call this the adveturous part of me that'll be put to good test.

5. Trend Breaking: Screw the fixed / inflexible wedding programs. I do what I like to do. I like a jazz band, I'll have it. I like the beach, I'll have it too. Don't like wayang wayang wedding, Don't need wayang wayang. My wedding = My Choice = Not Standard Stuff = Sophisticated Chic.

Well, seems like quite an angsty post here eh? Well, kinda reflective on how I really want this to be special, un-artificial, sophisticated, yet thoroughly quaint and enjoyable. So watch out folks, 1st Mar 2009. Be there! Buenos Noches...