8th May 2005 – Niagara Dreams
We bought a bagel, omelette and coffee at a corner street deli before zooming off in the NYC streets in our rented Pontiac Grand Am sports car. I tell ya, driving in NYC is crazy….I had a feeling that drivers actually were steering with one hand and the other hand never left the horn. Gosh, these folks here literally horn for no apparent reasons. And so we zoomed off, in the light Sunday morning traffic, with my iTrip and iPod towards Niagara falls. The drive was simple and uneventful, except the fact that I found out the car was an oil guzzler…and mind you, petrol prices weren’t cheap these days. We eventually reached Niagara Falls on the NYC side at approximately 5.30pm.
We were absolutely excited and hastily parked our cars before taking a lovely stroll along the park parallel to the Niagara falls. It was a breath-taking sight. Crystal blue waters gushing freely, the warmth of the setting sun, the feeling of vastness enveloping us...
So as usual being Singaporeans, we went trigger happy with our cameras before driving through the Canada border towards Niagara Falls, Ontario. The moment we stepped across the border we could feel a huge difference between Canada and the States. For some reason, people here seemed friendlier. After clearing the checkpoint which was a breeze, we then drove into a local Days Inn which I paid a measly $37 only! I treated my sweetheart to dinner at AppleBees which was pretty expensive. $42. She had steak (the woman had meat craving..beats me), and I had a sampler platter. We never managed to finish out food…ha. We took a light strool down the area which was absolutely touristy, and retail outlets sprawling on all 4 corners of the street. We retired back to bed around 11pm..It was a laborious day of driving for me…but it was worth it…spending quality time with Alice and the lovely sights was really relieving.
We were absolutely excited and hastily parked our cars before taking a lovely stroll along the park parallel to the Niagara falls. It was a breath-taking sight. Crystal blue waters gushing freely, the warmth of the setting sun, the feeling of vastness enveloping us...
So as usual being Singaporeans, we went trigger happy with our cameras before driving through the Canada border towards Niagara Falls, Ontario. The moment we stepped across the border we could feel a huge difference between Canada and the States. For some reason, people here seemed friendlier. After clearing the checkpoint which was a breeze, we then drove into a local Days Inn which I paid a measly $37 only! I treated my sweetheart to dinner at AppleBees which was pretty expensive. $42. She had steak (the woman had meat craving..beats me), and I had a sampler platter. We never managed to finish out food…ha. We took a light strool down the area which was absolutely touristy, and retail outlets sprawling on all 4 corners of the street. We retired back to bed around 11pm..It was a laborious day of driving for me…but it was worth it…spending quality time with Alice and the lovely sights was really relieving.


<< Home