Monday, June 06, 2005

7th May Sat – Timelessly in NYC

Woke up really early to send off Han, Mil, Fai and Flo who were going for their own Californian road trip. A sad farewell, yet there was more to look forward to. Alice was on her way to the States! The rest of the morning was spend helping Sharon and Jiwon move their stuff over to the IFH. Shit loads of stuff from Jiwon! But I never once minded helping them, they’re like my own sisters.

Anyway, I drove for less than 4 hours to Newark Airport and reached there around 6 plus. Just in time for her arrival at 7pm. But, the flight was delayed twice and the baggage handling was really slow..American Airports are not know for their efficiency. So my parking charges were a whopping US$ 15. I actually didn’t mind as I was more excited about meeting Alice. So I literally hung out at the airport for almost 4 hours. Chatted with this guy from Cornell who happened to have mutual friends with me! I also coincidentally met Sophia whom was at the airport waiting for her boyfriend. It’s a small world isn’t it.

Alas, at approximately 22:30, I saw Alice. Funny how we didn’t feel separated at all for the past few months. But of course it was still very lovely to see her here. We were off on out adventures!
I picked up the car and we drove my New Jersey before landing in the Pickwick Arms Hotel in 51st Street NYC. Had a big mac for dinner and although the freaking room was small, the bed was the best I’ve ever slept on in my life! Comfy, not too hard nor soft, but it was just right, contouring to the shape of the back.