17th May – Disneyworld Part Deux
We decided to go to Epcot, another themed park in Disney World. And we both agreed that the most interesting and memorable ride that we took in the past 2 days was here. We sat on this mock hang glider that was enclosed in a dome shaped simulator and literally felt like we were soaring over different parts of America such as the golden gate bridge, the Grand Canyon and over a florida orange plantation…interestingly, when there were water elements, water was actually calibrated to spray onto us…and when we flew over the orange plantation, we could actually smell it. It was really marvellous. We also experienced how it was to take off in a space shuttle under various gravitational conditions. All in all, Epcot was a wonderful respite from the Magic Kingdom crowd, yet with the same entertainment value.
After lunch, we headed down to Disney-MGM Studios to catch 3D shows of Kermit the Frog, a roller coaster ride mimicking a limo ride with Aerosmith, as well as a ride called the Tower of Terror. This ride is staged on the set of an old hotel from the scenes of the twilight zone. They strap us down in an elevator and randomly…the lift drops various floors…..not for the faint hearted…but it was fun.
The night was spent watching Fantasia, an outdoor laser lights musical featuring the casts of Disney. Enjoyed it now as much as I did 5 and 10 years ago. Really missed my family after watching it, as we used to watch it together.
The Disneyworld trip came to a nice conclusion. I promised the impossible and brought Alice to Disneyworld. I felt a deep sense of achievement…just happy to see her so satisfied…in all…I was a happy man :)
After lunch, we headed down to Disney-MGM Studios to catch 3D shows of Kermit the Frog, a roller coaster ride mimicking a limo ride with Aerosmith, as well as a ride called the Tower of Terror. This ride is staged on the set of an old hotel from the scenes of the twilight zone. They strap us down in an elevator and randomly…the lift drops various floors…..not for the faint hearted…but it was fun.
The night was spent watching Fantasia, an outdoor laser lights musical featuring the casts of Disney. Enjoyed it now as much as I did 5 and 10 years ago. Really missed my family after watching it, as we used to watch it together.
The Disneyworld trip came to a nice conclusion. I promised the impossible and brought Alice to Disneyworld. I felt a deep sense of achievement…just happy to see her so satisfied…in all…I was a happy man :)


<< Home