15th May – Alligators and Snorkelling Don’t Go Well Together
We decided to take a drive down to the Everglades National Park to catch a glimpse of alligators in their own backyard. We first went to for an airboat ride in the everglades…fantastic…The guide sounded like his whole ancestry were pirates..haha. We managed to see a couple of the alligators and a hell lot of fresh water spray from the air boat ride. We were pretty unsatisfied…so we took drove for more than an hour in alligator land to the national park visitor center. We found out that the national park was really huge and we should’ve spent a couple more days here…but anyway, too bad, we had Key Largo to catch!
I drove to this coral beach area and boy, was there a whole lot of activities to do! But we decided to take a dip in the water, this time to fish out some marine life instead of reptiles. Ingeniously, from our past diving / snorkelling experiences, I took out a couple slices of bread and brought them into the water. Not long after, we were swarmed with fished, I almost trapped a fish with my plastic bag as I lured it in with a piece of bread, but of struggled and slipped out…I could virtually hear the other fishes laughing at me…The water was not crystal clear as anticipated, a little mirky, but hey, at least we got our fair share of snorkelling. Soon, we drove on and on and on until we reached Disney at night. I was quite proud..in one day we were in Miami, The everglades, Key Largo, and Disney! Boy, was I looking forward to some rest, ice cold beer, and returning the car.
I drove to this coral beach area and boy, was there a whole lot of activities to do! But we decided to take a dip in the water, this time to fish out some marine life instead of reptiles. Ingeniously, from our past diving / snorkelling experiences, I took out a couple slices of bread and brought them into the water. Not long after, we were swarmed with fished, I almost trapped a fish with my plastic bag as I lured it in with a piece of bread, but of struggled and slipped out…I could virtually hear the other fishes laughing at me…The water was not crystal clear as anticipated, a little mirky, but hey, at least we got our fair share of snorkelling. Soon, we drove on and on and on until we reached Disney at night. I was quite proud..in one day we were in Miami, The everglades, Key Largo, and Disney! Boy, was I looking forward to some rest, ice cold beer, and returning the car.


<< Home