Saturday, May 07, 2005

A tribute to my Penn State Pals...

This post is specially for all the Penn Pal folks that I met and eventually became a very integral part of my life. 4 1/2 months doesn't seem that long at all...but the way that you all touched my heart is really magical. And I know that physically departing from one another is although sad, but as I told Angie,"There are never goodbyes...for we are all transiting to yet another phase, an emotionally closer one to each other as time passes by". The though of seeing the SG folks in school for a simple meal is heartwarming...and the thought that Jiwon, Flo and Jess coming over to Singapore makes the anticipation really exciting.

Don't be sad that we are all separated, because if there's no separation, there's no meeting. Keep the memories alive, for time will fly before we are drawn into different career paths, with lesser and lesser time to hold on to these wondrous journeys that we shared so closely.

I'll remember Flo for his chainsmoking shit, drum & bass DJing, lanky features and crazy personality.

I'll remember Jinny for her Jinny dance, her BOLLEYBALL, Taboo game @ Day's Inn.

I'll remember Jess for the company at spring break.

I'll remember Sharon for Spoon, Cap 5, eating shit and dying countless times, 92 pounds, her "incredible' forcefield, oatmeal raisin cookies, fenske, her column named Colin Cullum.

I'll remember Hanwei for his jokes, laughter, forever evers, pool shark

I'll remember Fai for his calm composure, laziness, god damned shits, french italian blood.

I'll remember Mil for midget, always running late, indecisiveness, bubbliness, sweet smile.

I'll rememmber Hannah for her "you know what happened today?", "guess who I saw?", photojournalism, the person whom I'm always worried for the most, a little sis,
a person whom can make me vomit blood but still want to hug her...

I'll remember Jiwon for salsa, cherry blossoms, the loveliest washington dc trip, her singlish, papasito mamasita, bogosipposo, msn iconic look, beer guzzling abilities, a confidante, a sister, a globe trotter, driving together.

I'm sure I missed out a lot of other folks...but in any case, I'll always remember you all and being a person who never breaks his promise, I promise to contact you all often.

As for those who will not be in Singapore, I want to share the thought that without you all, my experience here would not be so wonderful. Special mention has to go out to Jiwon, for of so many friends that I made here, I found a soul mate in you. It's rarely that we all can find good friends in which the vibes are so in resonance. I appreciate your friendship and will surely stay in touch with you. Also, I forsee you, being the independent sort, rising in your career and surely you'de continue your globe trotting adventures, but don't ever forget your roots, families and friends. Remember the promise that you made to me...for no matter what, I want you to be there on the 2 occasions.

I'm not sure how I contributed to the group...what I'm sure off is that whatever I did, you were all always on my minds. Looking after the ladies, cooking for you all, words of encouragements / advice...if I was nasty / less than desirable in anyways, I must really really apologize for it. But sincerely, as I always am, it was my intentions to always put you all ahead of my needs, for your discomforts are my obligations to relieve...

The time has come...where departure beckons, bon voyage my friends...I'll miss you all...please stay strong in every sense of the word...for I will want to see you all ever cheerful again...adios...