Final Chapters in Pennsylvania State University (Part 1)
I woke up at 9am despite drinking last night with Floriaan. Today was going to be hectic...should I start packing? And I had to return the textbooks which my lecturers lent me, settle the semester bills etc. So off I went in the afternoon, running all over the place.
I eventually landed at the International Friendship House (IFH) and transferred songs to my iPod whilst seeing the other Singaporeans off to Canada..I was half hearted. In a way, I didn't want to see them go..I really enjoyed their company..but at least I had the opportunity to go out with Floriaan and Jiwon later.
I chilled with Flo, Iza (Polish girl) and Charlie (her american bf) at the roof of the IFH before we had a sumptous dinner of fried burritos, potatos, red wine, fresh blueberry pie, chocolate, coffee...it was funny...as we were sitting by the kitchen...and staring into thin air..everything was just blank. And we did that for 2 1/2 hours..gosh. There was nothing much to say...everyone around us were like talking about when they're leaving and what was summer plans...
I then went over to Angie's room (Hannah's American roommate) to collect some of Hannah's "gold bars" that she left behind...there was so much shit that Angie had to carry it back to my place too.
But in any case, I had a shower, met Jiwon which I hadn't seen for ages (1 week...) and off we went really chatty about stuff. We then went to Big Easy with Eric (taiwanese) and Flo for some pool and beer.It was strange...the stranded few left behind, consolidating whatever company we had left. It was fun though.
Whatever it was, I am pretty sure that I'll be seeing some of them somewhere, somehow. So it was never an ending, never a departure for me. It's more like a new beginning, starting a fresh new chapter, with more characters in our lives. I gave some encouragement to Angie saying that "there will never be goodbyes"...and that really calmed her a lot...I'll miss the folks like her and Jiwon...they are different and special people, people whom you'll respect for whom they are. But these will soon fall into memories.
I'll miss them all...but I look forward to the future...becuase they are writing the new chapter together with me...new found friendships that forged ties as thick as can be...it is the final chapter of our lives in PSU....
I eventually landed at the International Friendship House (IFH) and transferred songs to my iPod whilst seeing the other Singaporeans off to Canada..I was half hearted. In a way, I didn't want to see them go..I really enjoyed their company..but at least I had the opportunity to go out with Floriaan and Jiwon later.
I chilled with Flo, Iza (Polish girl) and Charlie (her american bf) at the roof of the IFH before we had a sumptous dinner of fried burritos, potatos, red wine, fresh blueberry pie, chocolate, coffee...it was funny...as we were sitting by the kitchen...and staring into thin air..everything was just blank. And we did that for 2 1/2 hours..gosh. There was nothing much to say...everyone around us were like talking about when they're leaving and what was summer plans...
I then went over to Angie's room (Hannah's American roommate) to collect some of Hannah's "gold bars" that she left behind...there was so much shit that Angie had to carry it back to my place too.
But in any case, I had a shower, met Jiwon which I hadn't seen for ages (1 week...) and off we went really chatty about stuff. We then went to Big Easy with Eric (taiwanese) and Flo for some pool and beer.It was strange...the stranded few left behind, consolidating whatever company we had left. It was fun though.
Whatever it was, I am pretty sure that I'll be seeing some of them somewhere, somehow. So it was never an ending, never a departure for me. It's more like a new beginning, starting a fresh new chapter, with more characters in our lives. I gave some encouragement to Angie saying that "there will never be goodbyes"...and that really calmed her a lot...I'll miss the folks like her and Jiwon...they are different and special people, people whom you'll respect for whom they are. But these will soon fall into memories.
I'll miss them all...but I look forward to the future...becuase they are writing the new chapter together with me...new found friendships that forged ties as thick as can be...it is the final chapter of our lives in PSU....


<< Home