Thursday, April 14, 2005

A closure or a new beginning?

Time really flies when you're having so much fun...3 weeks more before the exchange program officially ends...I guess nowadays I see each person more differently. Knowing that every minute that we have left as the group is slowly diminishing. I'll always remember (not in order of "preference") Jinny's entertainment...her bubbly personality really added spark to the group; Faizal for his composure; Mildred for her girlie and bubbly personality that'll be so great as an aunt playing with my kids in the future; Sharon for her focused and balanced work attitude; Hanwei for making fun of everything; Hannah for her bubbliness, blurness and as a close buddy; Jiwon for being the friend that keeps you comfortable..

To me...it's not a closure..it's a new beginning to look forward to. For some where despite not being physically present, they'll always be embedded in memories such as Jinny, Jess, Floriaan...but for some like Jiwon and the Singapore gang...you know that you're gonna meet them so where and some how...

Their departure from my apartment this evening after dinner was pretty sad...for some, you know that you'll be forgotten...for you'll forever remain in the face of their backs...for some, just the simple turn of the head to blow a goodbye kiss or a warm smile just tells you that they'll be there...someday...somehow...where the new beginning comes.

I wish to spend more time with them...and live each day like there's no tomorrow...

For my friends who are in Singapore, You won't understand this unless you're living 24/7 with no one else but these really great folks. I love them all....until then...it's Mr lonely doing his project work signing off...