100% Genuine
The day was spend studying at the lounge with Hannah..we chose to skip the Philadelphia trip with the rest of the gang...for me it was becuase I was going to have 2 tests on tuesday which I still have a lot of grounds to cover. It rained...snowed...the wind howled..the usual shitty weather in this god forsaken place...
But come evening...I had a very interesting experience watching the movie entitled "Spanglish". I was deeply reflective after watching it...and I felt that I should share it with folks who have a few seconds to spare...and lend me your ears...
Have you ever looked around and felt that a lot of people are disillusioned...
caught up in a useless pursuit of wearing the latest fashion...be it the loveliest Skirt from Zara or the cutest jacket from Puma...the coolest jacket from Abercrombie & Fitch?
Whether how cool / hot he / she / it looks...
How the cosmetic veal that conceals the genuine skin, soul and inner thoughts of a person?
Or how people credulously judge each other..the latest hair colour, the amount of alcohol they can take, the sweetest comments they make....
How often is it that people are really genuine? After watching this show, I really felt that in many situations, we are really scratching the surface of a person's genuine soul.
Being here in Pennsylvania State College, interacting with the locals, Singaporean and other common folks was a real eye opener...You go to any shop and almost immediately you are pleasantly greeted with a "How are you, and how can i help you?"...look into a person's eyes and you'll see how genuine they are....I mean in the states their service quality beats the shit out of Singapore anytime...and there are a lot of folks who are genuinely ask you...but case in point, I'm focusing on the fact that every single day I hear these credulous remarks, these shallow and meaningless focus on the material, the cosmetics, the outer shell of a person...
After this show...I am giving more thoughts to the importance of being a person with more depth. To be more genuine and if I ever made a mistake / sin, own up to it responsibly. And to not evaluate / perceive others in such fallacious / hollow manners.
So for me, Fuck the Abercrombie, Banana Republic Brands and image bullshit. For what you see in me is what you get...100% genuine, in all honesty. Share with me your thoughts people...leave a tag :)
Cheers
But come evening...I had a very interesting experience watching the movie entitled "Spanglish". I was deeply reflective after watching it...and I felt that I should share it with folks who have a few seconds to spare...and lend me your ears...
Have you ever looked around and felt that a lot of people are disillusioned...
caught up in a useless pursuit of wearing the latest fashion...be it the loveliest Skirt from Zara or the cutest jacket from Puma...the coolest jacket from Abercrombie & Fitch?
Whether how cool / hot he / she / it looks...
How the cosmetic veal that conceals the genuine skin, soul and inner thoughts of a person?
Or how people credulously judge each other..the latest hair colour, the amount of alcohol they can take, the sweetest comments they make....
How often is it that people are really genuine? After watching this show, I really felt that in many situations, we are really scratching the surface of a person's genuine soul.
Being here in Pennsylvania State College, interacting with the locals, Singaporean and other common folks was a real eye opener...You go to any shop and almost immediately you are pleasantly greeted with a "How are you, and how can i help you?"...look into a person's eyes and you'll see how genuine they are....I mean in the states their service quality beats the shit out of Singapore anytime...and there are a lot of folks who are genuinely ask you...but case in point, I'm focusing on the fact that every single day I hear these credulous remarks, these shallow and meaningless focus on the material, the cosmetics, the outer shell of a person...
After this show...I am giving more thoughts to the importance of being a person with more depth. To be more genuine and if I ever made a mistake / sin, own up to it responsibly. And to not evaluate / perceive others in such fallacious / hollow manners.
So for me, Fuck the Abercrombie, Banana Republic Brands and image bullshit. For what you see in me is what you get...100% genuine, in all honesty. Share with me your thoughts people...leave a tag :)
Cheers


<< Home