Tuesday, March 22, 2005

11/03/2005 Friday – Miami / Key Largo

The weather was perfect for the beach! Everyone was well rested and in good spirits. It was ultimate “chill”. We hastily squeezed all 8 people into one room, and went for the complimentary breakfast at the hotel…al fresco. Next, we drove for a couple of hours…and this is the drive that I’ll remember for the rest of my life…imagine the warmth of the sun, swaying palm trees, the smell of fresh sea, crystal blue seas…and John Mayer’s acoustic….the perfect cruising atmosphere. I was in my black billabong singlet, flip flops, sunglasses, shark’s necklace…with a car full of girls…(some guys just have it good? Haha)

We drove past key largo (made famous by the beach boys song Kokomo…it goes like,” Aruba, Jamaica, oh I wanna take ya to bermuda, Bahamas, come on pretty mama…KEY LARGO….montego....”) and explored this ultra quiet estate. If I ever wanted an idyllic home close to the beach, key largo would be the place…

We then went to this place called Anne’s beach and walked out about 40m and took a dive into the water. Cold….haha. But I loved every bit of it…Actually only Hannah and myself took the dive…piggy backed Sharon who was screaming her lungs out in fear of the cold water..hahaha

We then drove back…myself half naked…getting a tan in the car  And we dropped by burger kings to buy our lunch…I dropped the bloody packet of fries…hmmm…at least I still had the Angus Steak Burger 

We drove straight to South Point Beach to engage in games of volleyball and captain’s ball…The setting sun…the roar of the waves…absolutely lovely. We took a lot of pics and even managed to do an OC like pose…We then jumped into the water again…cooooold but fun…haha.

We showered and went for dinner, while I ran towards the unmistakable sound of jaz in the background…like a parched trekker on a desert looking for an oasis…the band plaed cheek to cheek and it’s alright…both my favourites…I felt so satisfied after that…anyway, we then went shopping along Lincoln lane in the Miami downtown area. Imagine pedestrianized walkways and chillout bars, boutiques along the aisles. Hip, trendy, yet laid back. We eventually stopped by this place to have coffee and ice cream  A nice concluding supper for the trip.

If I ever hear anyone mentioning Miami again…the image of Neon lit streets, with the silhouettes of palm trees and convertibles will always play in my mind. Definitely a great city to chill out.