Tuesday, March 22, 2005

09/03/2005 Wednesday – Daytona Beach

I woke up with an absolutely horrible sore throat….I guess it was the vodka as Sharon suffered the effects too. We had intended to grab some sun at the beach today, but of all days, it had to rain today. The weatherman predicted warm and sunny weather, but I ain’t gonna see any of it I guess.

Anyway, we decided to do Go Kart racing today...and went to this shabby little place called Go-Kart City. The brochures promised the longest circuit, lots of fun…blah blah blah…all we got was a lil circuit the size of 4 rows of parking lots, a sole mechanic, and a hell lot of rain. Racing was fun though, as we sped past, crashed onto and swerved onto each other. We then engaged in a little baseball batting game. It was really funny as I made fun of Jinny’s “jackass” and mimicked her actions. Managed to hit quite a few shots…not too bad 

We then had lunch at this pizza buffet joint that cost us merely $3.99. And I must say that the pizza was pretty good. We whacked the cinnamon rolls and my personal favourite was the apple crumble pizza…mmm

We then drove down towards this lighthouse to explore….and by gosh, the properties surrounding the area was pretty exclusive. Imagine your house with a garage for a boat instead of a car…it’s THAT cool.

We went souvenir hunting at the lighthouse and hastily left back for the motel as we were all tired and Mil was having bad stomach cramps. A few rounds of blackjack, dai di and bridge soon followed. I must say Faizal has lady luck on his side as for once, he got triple 7….he won big….

Nightfall soon came, and we dressed up to the nines to have a late dinner at IHOP (Sharon’s favourite), and send Nang off to the bus terminal as he was slated for an interview in Philly.

We went clubbing at a joint which the girls were allowed to enter. It was a bad night. They were harassed a couple of times and in one instance, I asked a guy to back off and he repeatedly pushed me away by jabbing me discretely. I immediately hand signalled to security and soon came 2 huge security personnel who shoved him aside…Norman: 1, White assed American prick: 0. He came back soon after…I got everyone off the dance floor to cool it off a lil. It was a bad night, the guys and myself were repeatedly trying to protect them from harassment, and we eventually left at 2am.

It was a tiring night, and not at all fun. I wished that people like Jinny wasn’t so “friendly” to others for the sake of the girls….as it kept inviting trouble…Jinny gave trouble again, as she kept whining that she could only sleep with 2 other girls…bull shit…so Ji Won came over to sleep in our room. She asked to change the bedsheets due to certain stains…I bluntly and purposely replied, “sure, you can get it done yourself”. I was not there to see to all their needs, I was to facilitate things, but absolutely hate requests such as this, my message was plainly to tell people that if they wanted things, do it themselves, period. I was tired.