Wednesday, March 23, 2005

06/03/2005 Sun – Jacksonville

We woke up early today, anticipating a long drive. I woke up with a really clammy feeling, and I immediately knew that I was down with viral fever. Oh well, at least I have company, Sharon was down with it too. The passengers of the day were Mildred, Hannah and Sharon.

We drove by Maryland, North Carolina, and stopped at the border of South Carolina at this place called South of the Border, a little Mexican amusement park for lunch and souvenir shopping. The food sucked big time and it was freaking expensive

We had fun racing with one another, and constantly overtook one another, only to be caught by the police ….just kidding , we were really safe drivers, and despite not being used to the left hand drive, I must say we did pretty decently. Anyway, throughout the trip, almost at every stop we were busy snapping pictures. We did virtually everything imaginable in posing for pictures, less climbing into the car boot..haha.

We reached Jacksonville pretty early, around 5 odd in the evening. Wonderful. Anyway, Jacksonville Florida was the recent venue for the NFL championships. So it was supposedly famous…We decided to check out the area since we reached there early and drove towards the coastal vicinity to find dinner at Boston’s Market, while Sharon and I went to Target to get our medical supplies to suppress our fever. Oh, not forgetting we were greeted by this aged couple really cool bikes and they sped off before us….don’t mess with the grandfolks here…trust me…Of course, once again, the alcoholics went for yet another beer run after dinner. 